SPECIFIC PROMOTION RULES FOR THE GOLD COAST PHOTOGRAPHY COMTEST 2016
The Promoter: Number One Events PTY LTD 5/1 Sands Street Tweed Heads NSW 2485.
PROMOTION PERIOD AND RULES
- The contest commences at 05:00pm (AEST) Thursday 01 September 2016 and ends at 23:59pm (AEST) Monday 31 October 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
- All photos must be taken on the Gold Coast.
- Entrants are allowed to enter a maximum of three photos submissions per participant in each category.
3.1 International Students Category Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the competition, entrants must complete all of the following steps:
- Visit https://www.gcphotocontest.com.au and/or follow the prompts as directed to the competition entry page;
- Upload an image that showcases or represents each specific category demonstrated below at; paragraph 16.criteria by category sector.
- Feel in the requested details, including uploading the Image and submitting the completed entry form during the Promotion Period.
- The image must be the entrant’s original. Any photo including people or children falls under the responsibility of the person posting the photo and not the responsibility of Promoter or any of its related entities. It is the responsibility of the person posting the image to notify and seek approval of any third party who appears in the image.
- Do not submit any image that could be deemed inappropriate, rude or offensive. The Promoter reserves the right to not approve entries deemed inappropriate, rude or offensive.
- Entries are subject to verification. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected responses will be deemed invalid.
- Employees of the promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties that are in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the promotion.
- By participating in this contest, each entrant assigns to the Promoter an unlimited licence to use their entries and Submissions. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that his or her entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- Display or publication of any submitted photograph and/or Short Story on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion.
- If anyone is visible in the image, the submitting photographer is responsible for securing consent to publish. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the Promoter.
- International Students Category eligibility
- (a) International Students The International Students Category is open to international students studying on the Gold Coast aged 18 years or over
- (b) Entrants will be judged by Study Gold Coast at the discretion of the organisation and based on creativity and who captures the essence of the Gold Coast international student experience best.
- (c) Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize
- (d) To enter, entrants must submit a photo via the Gold Coast Photography website via the International Students category.
- Youngsters Category eligibility
- Submission of photos from the Gold Coast taken by 15 years old and under only on the date of submission.
- By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless all sponsors and supporters of the Gold Coast Photography Contest and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- By entering this contest each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit any material.
- By entering the Promotion you hereby warrant to the Promoter that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Number One Events reserves the right to verify the eligibility and identity of all entrants.
- Image data files created with digital cameras (including medium- and large-format cameras). Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted. (Scans of photographs taken with film cameras are not eligible)
- General Criteria
- (1) Creativity
- (2) Innovation
- (3) Genuineness/authenticity of the content
- (4) Emotion
- (5) Photographic quality
- (6) Light
- Criteria by Category
- (I) Gold Coast Category: Submissions of landscape, beaches, buildings, sunset, sunrise, waterfalls, underwater images and any place or tourism attraction, which reflects the Gold Coast lifestyle.
- (II) Sports Category: Submissions of any sports. A fun friendly cricket game, surfing, skateboarding, athletics, horse race, golf, tennis, swimming, netball etc. Anything that promotes Gold Coast as a sport destination.
- (III) International Students Category: Submission of photos taken by International Student capturing campus life, friendships and community on the Gold Coast using their unique creativity to explore and showcase their Gold Coast experiences through their lens.
- (IV) City of Gold Coast, Division 14: Submission of photos taken only within the Southern Gold Coast area includes the suburbs of Elanora (part of), Tallebudgera (part of), Tallebudgera Valley, Currumbin Valley, Currumbin Waters, Currumbin, Tugun Heights, Tugun, Bilinga, Kirra, Coolangatta and Rainbow Bay.
- (V) Youngster Category: Submission of photos from the Gold Coast taken by 15 years old and under, using creativity and innovation to show the fun lifestyle of the Gold Coast.
- (VI)People’s Choice Award will be given to the photo with more votes no the contest website.
- Voting will be open to all members of the public through The Gold Coast Photography Contest website, www.gcphotocontest.com.au
- Voting will open from 05:00pm (AEST) Thursday 01 September 2016 and close 11:59pm (AEST) Thursday 3 November 2016 (“Voting Period”).
- One vote per IP address per photo is permitted whilst competition is open.
- Only votes made on images in the Gold Coast Photography Contest competition website gallery will be counted.
- All personal information supplied by entrants will be used by Number One Events and its partners of the Gold Coast Photography Contest for the purpose of this Promotion and may be used for future promotional and marketing purposes in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1998 and the SPAM act 2003. By entering this promotion you consent to the future use of your personal information for these purposes. All personal information supplied will be securely held at all times. To be removed from the mailing list, please contact email@example.com
- Each eligible participant receives a free “2 Hour Fun Pack” Timezone Gold Coast voucher (value $25). One voucher per eligible participant only, even if more photos are submitted into different categories. Timezone voucher will be emailed within three weeks of the first valid entry.
(I)Timezone Gold Coast required the complete name and email address of the competitor’s list. The pass will send out by Timezone to the competitor by email. The competitor need to print out the pass and can be use either in Timezone Surfers Paradise or Timezone Coolangatta store.(II)For the “Gold Coast” category winners, Timezone Coolangatta and The Strand Coolangatta will provide the prizes as follows :1st position,- $250 Bin72 Dining Gift Voucher + a 2 Hrs family pack for 4 people. Conditions apply.2nd position,- $150 Delizioso Dining Gift Voucher + 2 Hrs family pack for 4 people. Conditions apply.3rd position, – $100 Thanh Binh Bamboo Dining Gift Voucher + 2 Hrs family pack for 4 people. Conditions apply.
- The Mantra voucher entitles the prize-winner to two (2) night’s accommodation for up to 4 people in a 2 Bedroom Ocean View Apartment at Mantra Crown Towers, Surfers Paradise. Room Type: 2 Bedroom Ocean View Apartment. Inclusions: Room only. Valid until: 09/08/2017.
(I) To make a booking or for more information on availability, phone (07) 5555 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote voucher number MCT106.
(II) Voucher is subject to availability at time of booking. Availability excludes high season, school holidays and public holidays. Some block-out dates apply. Valid until August 9th, 2017.
(III) Voucher is not redeemable for cash. Other conditions may apply. Please note that check in time is from 2pm and check out time is at 10am and voucher must be shown at time of check-in.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Prize vouchers Terms and Conditions please click here
- The NineBot voucher
(I) Must be 12 years and older.
(II) 17 years and under must ride with a full paying adult.
(III) Riders must weigh between 45kg and 120kg for the robot to operate.
(IV) Closed in shoes must be worn.
(V) Bookings at least 24 hours in advance are essential. Bookings are subject to availability. Not exchangeable for cash. Not valid with any other offer.
- Vouchers prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other prizes or promotions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of prizes. Where a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute another item of equal or lesser value for that prize, as determined by the Promoter.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook or Instagram and you agree that Facebook and Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- You can contact us in relation to any Promotion by writing to 5/1 Sands St Tweed Heads 2485 or via email at email@example.com
A copy of these terms and conditions is available via the website www.gcphotocontest.com.au;
- Full prize list
(1) Gold Coast Category
(I) 1st Place Prizes: $250 Bin72 Dining Gift Voucher and $85 Timezone Family Pack Voucher
(II) 2nd Place Prizes: $150 Delizioso Dining Gift Voucher and $85 Timezone Family Pack Voucher
(III) 3rd Place Prizes: $100 Thanh Binh Bamboo Dining Gift Voucher and $85 Timezone Family Pack Voucher
(2) Sports Category
(I) 1st Place Prizes: 2 night accommodation Mantra Crown Town (2 bedroom apartment) and NineBot – 1hour tour for 6 people pass
(II) 2nd Place Prizes: NineBot – 1hour tour for 4 people pass
(III) 3rd Place Prizes: NineBot – 1hour tour for 2 people pass
(3) International Students Category
(I) 1st Place Prizes: $300 cash
(II) 2nd Place Prizes: $200 cash
(III) 3rd Place Prizes: $100 cash
(4) City of Gold Coast Division 14 Category
(I) 1st Place Prizes: $500 cash
(II) 2nd Place Prizes: $300 cash
(III) 3rd Place Prizes: $200 cash
(5) Youngsters Category
(I) 1st Place Prizes: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Family Pass and Tree top challenge Family pass
(II) 2nd Place Prizes: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Family Pass and Segway Safari Family pass
(III) 3rd Place Prizes: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Family Pass
(6) People’s Choice Award will be given to the photo with more votes in the contest website.
(I) Your own and printed framed photo.